PDA

View Full Version : Merrillvile Police Department - Dispatchers unwilling to do their job

livinginmerrillville
03-24-2014, 09:40 PM
FYI, I am a big MVPD supporter! But tonight, I happened to call the Merrillvile Police Department because I was nearly in a crash because a person shined a green laser beam in my eyes when I was driving on Taft in the 7600 block. I called the police and the dispatched seemed uninterested in sending an officer to the area and she spent 5 minutes interrogating me about what kind of light it was and what I was driving. Hey, send an officer to the area and he will see the person as they are doing to every car there. I even gave her the approximate address of 7696 Taft. But whatever, the dispatcher can just be sued by a person that is in a crash because she did not send an officer to check on this dangerous situation. I will just go back to my house in Turkey Creek and avoid driving on Taft when I am coming from Simon Sez on my taco runs!

Bradmin
03-24-2014, 10:07 PM
Merrillville Police Department has some excellent officers as well as some great dispatchers. They have always been good to me when I needed them> Maybe the girl you talked to was having a bad night.

Wheatfieldofdreams
03-25-2014, 12:13 AM
We just do our own policing out here. That punk would have had that laser up his butt and been hog tied down here. :D

colt45
03-28-2014, 07:30 PM
You won't be able to get a gun permit at the Merrillville Police Department unless you squeeze it into their 2 hour window to get the application done.